VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Yavn Speaks 2/15  (Read 9235 times)

Bugdozer

• Classes Coming Soon:
    Elf Defense
    Elf Respect
    Elf Motivation &
    Elf Control
  • Snowman Magic
New Yavn Speaks 2/15
« on: February 15, 2008, 06:36 PM »

Materializing right in front of your eyes for a Special President's Day Weekend Edition of Yavn Speaks – it's the Master of Magic, Yavn!

Hocus Pocus! Alaka – well hello, you caught me right in the middle of a magic trick.

I'm trying to conjure up some new additions to the Kingdom – one in particular that's coming in March that's gonna blow your socks off. But before I get into that, I wanted to take a minute and talk about some of the latest stuff and the stuff coming up.

Shrunken Ned's Shop Specials
You probably noticed our latest addition to the Newsletter? If not be sure to check out our buddy Shrunken Ned, who is now in charge of keeping you up to date on the latest shop releases.

Ned's got a nose for news and a real head for hot fashion. Although, I'm still curious how he writes that column when he can't reach a keyboard... Anyway, Ned's going to be giving you the 411 on what's happening in our shops. But one of the reasons I wanted to roll a Yavn Speaks before President's Day Weekend was because of an event in Shrunken Ned's Shop you're gonna want to make plans to check out.

Shrunken Ned really has a head for bargains!

This coming Monday, February 18, President's Day, Shrunken Ned will have a sale – what kind of sale? Well, honestly I think he's lost his head, because everything in his shop will be half off! You read that right. Everything for one day only, is HALF OFF!

Not only will Shrunken Ned be discounting stuff in the shop, but bringing some stuff out of the stock room for this very special event! For new players here's your chance to pick up some stuff you may have missed before, and for all our players, it's your chance to grab some great deals! I've seen what he's planning and you're gonna love it! So if you haven't already, get to playing those games and earning credits!

New and Familiar Faces
Shrunken Ned's not the only one who's got a new section. You've also probably seen who took over our trivia section? That's right the all-knowing Esmeralda! (A few of you called this one!) She's perfect for the trivia section because, well, Esmeralda is there anything you don't know?
You'll be seeing a lot more of her and those great prizes she's been giving away so be sure and brush up on your Disney trivia!

While we're on the subject of new sections and faces, I'd like to take a second and introduce a friend of mine, fellow VMK'ers, meet PirateVinnie:

Now here's a guy who lives a pirate's life – PirateVinnie!

PirateVinnie's been working closely on lots of the new stuff you've seen recently released, like the Gingerbread pieces that came out over the holiday and Magic Shop Checkers game. But he was working behind the scenes at VMK for a while before that, on the website, with the in-Park locations and our in-game HOST and events teams.

Vinnie and I go way back, but he's been on the VMK team for almost two years now and he's been like my right hand man the whole time, helping me out. So look for him to take the spotlight a little more in the weeks ahead. In fact, don't be surprised if you see his own section here in the Newsletter very soon. If you see him in game, say hello!

Best Game Rooms
You gonna see us doing some things a little differently than we have in the past – like our Theme Parks, we're always looking at how we can make things better here in the Virtual Magic Kingdom. (For instance, we chose not to do a Valentine's Day Pin this year and spend that time working on something else we think you'll agree is much, much cooler – more on that in March.)

One thing you'll see soon are sweeter and more unique rewards for Best Game Rooms. You've probably seen how we've reworked the Awards and Top Players page, and we're reworking the rewards for those room builders too! I'll have more info about this in the next few weeks so stay tuned.

Congratulations iamabigdisfan! Your Heart to Heart room is our pick for next week's Best Guest Room. Watch for the rest of the winners on Monday!

One last note about those Best game Rooms – if you're room hasn't been chosen yet, don't give up! We're working on other ways you can get your room noticed, but until then, our HOST and in-game staff will be on the lookout for great rooms, so keep submitting and keep building!

President's Day Announcements
Alright, before I disappear, I hope you enjoyed this special edition of Yavn Speaks. I know there's not too much new information in here, but I wanted to give a proper introduction to some of those new sections and faces you'll be seeing, talk about our President's Day events – and drop a few hints about upcoming stuff.

But be sure to join us President's Day for Shrunken Ned's Presidents Day Sale and – I almost forgot – a new Presidential Quest that will truly "reward" you for your efforts! (Trust me, don't miss this, because this Quest is really gonna pay off for you!) Oh yes, we've got some AWESOME NEW magic items releasing this weekend – but Shrunken Ned will tell you all about that.

Until next time, Higitus Figitus, Alakazam! (POOF!) Waitaminute, that's not a rabbit. Hey Yeti! I think I found that Turkey Leg you were munching on last week...

See you in the game!
Yavn

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: New Yavn Speaks 2/15
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 11:08 PM »

Interesting newsletter.

I'm curious to see what Ned is going to have in the shop.   ;)

I still wonder if we will be seeing any more new multi-use magic come out?
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 11:21 PM »

Interesting newsletter.

I'm curious to see what Ned is going to have in the shop.   ;)

I still wonder if we will be seeing any more new multi-use magic come out?
Take you pick from any of the following (based on comment about if your new): Purple Piano, purple treasure chest, red crate, yellow candle, black Candle, Green explorer, Pink tiki, green barral chair or even simpler pirate thrones (available but only at pirates right now) Can't recall if Hula pin was in ned's - possibly.  There is also the possibility he digs so deep in his stock room he pulls out stuff from other stores or drags out items never sold - blue and yellow travel crates jungle book chair, pink/red typhoon lagoon crate. We shall see, this is maggic month so I am guessing it will be alakazam! thats no longer rare!  - I don't mind in the long run it saves me credit.  I think they are trying to curb the high price credit trading and cut down on scams. 

thealienstitch

• Lag may not be a new item,
    but it is Free and
    only half the calories
  • Pirate Skull Rock Room
  • Blood Type: Espresso
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 06:58 AM »

Well as you know Ned is A-head of the rest when it comes to sales. I know I will be outside his shop with my nose pressed up to the glass chanting..."Open...Open...Open!" hee hee.............................Fee
The good old days, the honest man, The restless heart, the Promised Land. A subtle kiss that no one sees, A broken wrist and a big trapeze. Oh well I don't mind, if you don't mind. 'Cause I don't shine if you don't shine. Before you go, can you read my mind?- "Read My Mind" by The Killers

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 08:10 AM »

:hisign:
Just a shopping reminder, especially when buying multiples:
Have your inventory window open when shopping.  It enables you to see the item you wanted went in to inventory. I speak from experience and know I am not alone on past shopping mishaps. (Names withheld  :notme: )

Happy (last year owner of multiple churro carts instead of weekend pins)  :oops:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 08:14 AM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 12:36 PM »

Have your inventory window open when shopping.  It enables you to see the item you wanted went in to inventory. I speak from experience and know I am not alone on past shopping mishaps. (Names withheld  :notme: )

Happy (last year owner of multiple churro carts instead of weekend pins)  :oops:

Oh please, just come out with it, we don't hold back here...Who was it we demand to know  :notme: Anyone need a magic table?

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 01:40 PM »

Oh please, just come out with it, we don't hold back here...Who was it we demand to know  :notme: Anyone need a magic table?
There's another member that had an issue with the witch costume too.  We are not alone.   :)

BitBehindWench

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 01:43 PM »

Take you pick from any of the following (based on comment about if your new): Purple Piano, purple treasure chest, red crate, yellow candle, black Candle, Green explorer, Pink tiki, green barral chair or even simpler pirate thrones (available but only at pirates right now) Can't recall if Hula pin was in ned's - possibly.  There is also the possibility he digs so deep in his stock room he pulls out stuff from other stores or drags out items never sold - blue and yellow travel crates jungle book chair, pink/red typhoon lagoon crate. We shall see, this is maggic month so I am guessing it will be alakazam! thats no longer rare!  - I don't mind in the long run it saves me credit.  I think they are trying to curb the high price credit trading and cut down on scams. 

Allrighty then.  I think I will need to be pulled out of Ned's then at some point.  I'll be shopping in there all day!

All I can say if all this does come out tomorrow (of course we can only wonder at this point), as I have hardly any of it.....   YES!!!    :yes!:    :dance3:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 01:45 PM »

There's another member that had an issue with the witch costume too.  We are not alone.   :)

- cough -   Can anyone say Tron Vest??   ROFL!   :lol:

My shopping error wasn't as bad as the tables or churro carts or witch costumes. ... but a mistake none the less.   :blush:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 01:47 PM by AstroGigiblue »

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 04:53 PM »

So that makes 4 of us with shopping issues...Anyone else?

BitBehindWench

TikiTangaroaRu

• Philharmagic Chair
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 05:28 PM »

So that makes 4 of us with shopping issues...Anyone else?

Heh, I recently bought two levitation magics..... before realizing I was actually buying confetti.  :hitwall:  Glad to see I'm not alone in having shopping malfuntions!  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up