VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newsletter 5/21/07  (Read 9963 times)

SaraAriel

Newsletter 5/21/07
« on: May 21, 2007, 05:27 PM »

What a disappointing update for those that frequent DLR :mad:

Yavn Speaks! 5/21

5/21 – UPDATE! It's time for another edition of Yavn Speaks, this week some major VMK news so fasten your seat belts.

You Came and You Played

I hope you're enjoying the new Pirates of the Caribbean Quest, and the rewards of multiple Quest completion – we've had a lot of fun creating these in-Park Quests but as the old saying goes, all good things must come to an end… so it's with a heartfelt sigh that I announce the in-Park Questing portion of VMK will be ending at Disneyland on June 3rd, 2007. Yep, when the Park closes on Sunday night, June 3rd, VMK Central will close and no longer redeem any Quest or distribute Rewards.

So hold on, before you start sending me and the Walt Disney Company hate mail, let me explain why this is happening. First of all, I'm sure many of you will remember the VMK Tour, the Fantasyland Quest and other VMK in-Park Quest and Rewards – then you'll remember that we've continued to change the way the program has run over time. Secondly, the in-Park Quest and Rewards were only meant to be temporary – in fact, we've gone well beyond the original time we planned to run the Quest and Rewards in-Park at Disneyland.

The game is still enormously successful and continues to run strong – and you'll still be able to Quest in-Park at Walt Disney World – but VMK, like Disneyland and our other Parks is constantly changing. Our thanks go out to all the Players and Cast Members that have supported the program over the last few years – and remember we will still continue the in-Park Quest and Rewards program at Walt Disney World.

I'm sure you have questions, that's why I've prepared this handy Q&A:

Why is this happening?

VMK was launched for the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland. The game has been enormously successful but the in-Park Quest and Rewards were only meant to be temporary – we've gone well beyond the original time we planned to run the Quest and Rewards in-Park at Disneyland.

Can I turn in Quest to Disneyland after VMK Central is gone?

No.

Can I take my Disneyland Quest to Walt Disney World?

No. Walt Disney World doesn't have the same rewards or a system in place to take the Disneyland Quest.

When is the last day I can play or redeem a Quest at Disneyland?

The last day you can play or redeem a Quest at Disneyland is June 3rd.

So I won't be able to get any more VMK Cards at Disneyland?

The regular Reward Cards that you receive as prizes for completing Quest won't be available after June 3rd, but there will still be select merchandise locations (like The Magic Shop on Main Street) that will have merchandise cards (like the Magic Mirror) available at those locations. Look for more announcements related to this program in the future.

Does this mean VMK is going to end?

No. The game continues going strong – and we've got some exciting additions coming in the next few months – so stay tuned! Plus, you can still go Questing in-Park at Walt Disney World.

Your Comments – Answered

Did you notice that the reward for the print-from-home Tomorrowland Quest, the Inner-Space Suit Magic Spell is now non-tradable? Or how about that you can now nominate a Best Game/Quest or Guest Room? Just click Contact Us (located at the bottom of any VMK webpage) follow the prompts, and then select 'Nominate the Best' from the list of options. These are changes we making in response to your suggestions to make VMK better!

I should also remind you that we're still deleting accounts – so if you've got a VMK account that hasn't been played in a while, you should log on to keep the account active. Once we delete accounts there's no way we can recover your character or your stuff, so stay connected and keep your account VMK live.

One more thing to mention – we aren't taking any applications for Community Leaders right now. If you see a new Community Leader that application came from a pool of applications that were taken before we stopped taking CL applications.

*END UPDATE*

Decoy

• Head Decoy In Charge
    Yet Still Just a Decoy...

Where'd he go now?
  • HDIC
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Nothing to See Here...
    • CRS - Caffeinated & Requiring Sugar
Re: Newsletter 5/21/07
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 07:10 AM »

:-\ :'( >:( :mad:
...ʞɔɐq ʎɯ uo ʇɐ1ɟ ...sɐʍ ı ǝɹǝɥʇ

candlelady

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 10:44 PM »

I feel as if I've been cheated by VMK!! This is an outrage.   >:( Like I can pick up and fly to Florida everytime a new quest comes out.   :(
Please if you frequent WDW don't take this the wrong way.
DLR the original why are we always getting the shaft!?  Us DLR ppl are going to have to give an arm and a leg to WDW in trades for things we will not be able to get from these quest we won't be able to do! :mad:
I once bought an item off of ebay for the game, but as a rule do not like to spend actual money on virtual prizes.
Ok now that i vented I feel better, maybe just one tear or two left  :'(

Decoy

• Head Decoy In Charge
    Yet Still Just a Decoy...

Where'd he go now?
  • HDIC
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Nothing to See Here...
    • CRS - Caffeinated & Requiring Sugar
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 07:31 AM »

The only thing that keeps me from exploding over this, is the knowledge that they are only pixels...

That said I still feel very saddened by the news and am seriously considering letting our annual passes lapse. We could hold our noBS get togethers at Downtown Disney... ??? :-\ :'(
...ʞɔɐq ʎɯ uo ʇɐ1ɟ ...sɐʍ ı ǝɹǝɥʇ

disvaclub

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 07:21 AM »

:sb:

What pisses me off, is there is no explaination for the action.  Why DLR and not WDW?  Is WDW going to stop eventually?  Are they going to be now selling merchandise that has the VMK Cards with them?

Just leads to mental anguish when you do not explain.  My job is to poke holes at things, he really needs someone to read his stuff before it is published to not leave people speculating.

:sb:
Pages: [1]   Go Up