VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3/5 Saturday ~ Host Event - A Space Odyssey I  (Read 4990 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)
3/5 Saturday ~ Host Event - A Space Odyssey I
« on: March 02, 2011, 05:46 PM »

From the VFK Homepage 3-2-11:

3-5-11  VFK Homepage additions:

** Sunday will have different prizes **

In-game Blast:  VFK: A Space Odyssey will close at the top of the hour. If you are in the queue at that time you will get to ride through. Remember the adventure continues tomorrow at 3pm Eastern. New prizes tomorrow in the three reward rooms.

Prizes for Event on Saturday 3-5-11:

Space Ride Pack - Various types - Awarded randomly

« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 01:14 PM by Astro »
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
Re: Saturday 3/5 & Sunday 3/6 ~ Space Age - The Epic Frontier
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 06:08 PM »

I'm glad I stopped partway through setting up that spot on the home page.  Something told me to check and see that you had beat me to it! :hug:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 10:14 AM »

From In Game Pop Up Announcement:

Our Excellent Space Adventure starts at 8PM eastern time. Don't let the rocket blast off without you on board.  VFK: A Space Odyssey blasts off for Pandora and surrounding planets tonight!!

Set your clock, put on your favorite space outfit and enjoy an Out of this World Adventure.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 10:16 AM by Mermaid Melusina »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 05:03 PM »

Just a BUMP for this Event.  There are a total of 9 Host Rooms open.

WE HAVE LIFT OFF!! VFK: A Space Odyssey has lifted off from the launch pad. Check the HOST Room Tab for your favorite outer space destination.  To fully enjoy the experience, make sure your speakers are on.

When you reach Pandora you will receive your reward for making the journey.

ETA: prize is a Space Ride Pack - Variations to these packs!   
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 05:55 PM by Astro »

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 08:27 PM »

OMG, again I crashed on the ride and I sent in help messages and no one replies or puts me back on the ride after I refresh.  Flame can you IM me the number for them cause this is driving me crazy.  Everytime I have a problem they just ignore me like the Valentine ride for the blue heart magic when I crashed on there.  Also today my ticket was checking the queue for about a 20 mintues into the event, but an hour into the event I checked it and it had that same 20 minutes on it.  It never moved from that 20 minutes so when I finally got into the room I told the staff member, after she asked if anyone had problems or was stuck, that my queue ticket stopped updating and I had to refresh and try again and she said "Well, your here now!".  Yay me, after I wasted all that time before I am here now.  I could of been here earlier and been trying another room now.  :doh:  Well, I guess my crashed person won't be getting in again this time either so again I miss out on the prize cause someone doesn't want to do their job and help people out.  *SIGH!*  Some enhanced queue they got there..... NOT!

Tomorrow they are suppose to have new prizes, hopefully it will be better, but I am not holding my breath.  :td:

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 10:00 PM »

These ride pieces are so cool! We did not get home until about 9:30 EST or so, but still were able to get people in queue and in the rooms fairly quickly.

That is what I love about these ride events, players in, players out. I know the ride got laggy at times, but I loved the way these ride vehicles floated in air. COOL!

I was also thinking - I bet we could use these in building to "lift" items above them and they would be invisible. That would give a whole new twist to room building. I am going to have to test that theory out later!  :dance2: :dance2: :dance2:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 11:24 PM »

These ride pieces are so cool! We did not get home until about 9:30 EST or so, but still were able to get people in queue and in the rooms fairly quickly.

That is what I love about these ride events, players in, players out. I know the ride got laggy at times, but I loved the way these ride vehicles floated in air. COOL!

I was also thinking - I bet we could use these in building to "lift" items above them and they would be invisible. That would give a whole new twist to room building. I am going to have to test that theory out later!  :dance2: :dance2: :dance2:
Thanks Astro!  Your theory sounds concrete, Wendy.  Invisible 'spacers' to lift if you stack them.  Yup.  Haven't tried it, but why not?  ;)

The new Q:  I found that we were actually getting in TOO fast now!  I had to reduce the amount of tabs I was using.  LOL.  Seriously, what they did is what I've been saying they should do:  OPEN MORE ROOMS.  Voila.  

Lag was fair in the first room, almost non-existent in the middle room, and hellish in the last room.  As far as the design:  it was futuristic, obviously...yet seriously random.  Not like someone intentionally decorated the rooms to look a certain way.  Personal opinion:  I think the rooms could have been more attractive.  

Loved the event.  With the amount of times we were able to get in, the only thing I have to bark about is the design of the rooms...which is not really that important to the event at all ;)  A nice change of pace, overall.  :thumb:

Bummer you had problems, Krazy :(  Here's the number to reach VFK: 954-349-3325.  Tell them Flame sent ya....if ya want to hear a dial tone!  LOL ;)  GL!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 11:28 PM by flamanar »

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 11:35 PM »

Loved the event.  With the amount of times we were able to get in, the only thing I have to bark about is the design of the rooms...which is not really that important to the event at all ;)
Bummer you had problems, Krazy :(  Here's the number to reach VFK: 954-349-3325.  Tell them Flame sent ya....if ya want to hear a dial tone!  LOL ;)  GL!

Do I just dial 1 in front or do I need an overseas ext.?

I agree about the rooms too, what I saw of it anyway, but that might just be cause I am not a big fan of their space items.  I wasn't that thrilled.

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 05:33 AM »

Weren't the majority of the decorations in the rooms, from past years?  :??:  I know I have some of the stuff I saw.  Just looks like it is almost only the ride that is new, and the (host in game mentioned) invisible risers and half risers that will be out.

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 06:15 AM »

Weren't the majority of the decorations in the rooms, from past years?  :??:  I know I have some of the stuff I saw.  Just looks like it is almost only the ride that is new, and the (host in game mentioned) invisible risers and half risers that will be out.

Most of the stuff was from past years; I think only the ride parts and the new puzzle lamp was new from what I saw.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 07:39 AM »

Most of the stuff was from past years; I think only the ride parts and the new puzzle lamp was new from what I saw.

Yup agreed.  Most of the stuff was very early space quest items. 

Probably the new-ish space/star carpets and panels released recently from the Space Shop too.

Tigerbella

• Or maybe I just watched too much tv as a kid...
    I love LAG.. I build for it
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 11:27 AM »

Loved the event.  With the amount of times we were able to get in, the only thing I have to bark about is the design of the rooms...which is not really that important to the event at all ;)

I agree about the rooms too, what I saw of it anyway, but that might just be cause I am not a big fan of their space items.  I wasn't that thrilled.

Maybe 'Peggy' will answer when you call..... :lolg:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2011, 11:28 AM »

Invisible Risers...passes out

:heat: okay, better now. I can't even imagine what we can all build with invisible blocks.

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2011, 04:21 PM »

If you're outside of area code (954), yes...you need to dial a 1 first.  So 1-954-349-3325. GL!

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2011, 04:23 PM »

Maybe 'Peggy' will answer when you call..... :lolg:

LOL, nice one.  Those commercials are funny.

I am one of these people on the phone waiting at the end.  Sooooo, pretty lol.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy4kGBfy_lk&feature=related

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2011, 04:27 PM »

If you're outside of area code (954), yes...you need to dial a 1 first.  So 1-954-349-3325. GL!

Ok thanks, I wasn't sure if it was 1 or an overseas connection because I think the game was based in Australia.

Pages: [1]   Go Up