VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 9/27 New VMK Newsletter  (Read 14402 times)

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
9/27 New VMK Newsletter
« on: September 27, 2007, 03:20 PM »

Yes, at last more news from Yavn.  :clap2: :clap2:

Live and direct from VMK Central, it's the latest VMK news! In this exciting edition we've got news about the month of October and an update on the CL program. Plus, the scoop on the latest update to the VMK Trading Card Game! And now, with this and much more, heeeeerrre's Yavn!

Yavn Returns
Hello again! It's yours truly, back again with another exciting edition of Yavn Speaks. I know, I know – "Where have you been?? What have you been up to? What's going on with VMK?" Well, like most of you, since summer's over I had to get back to work – in fact, myself and the rest of the VMK team have been hard at work on lots of very cool additions – you'll find out what we've been up to soon enough, but right now let's take a look at what's on tap for the month ahead:

Take Me To Your Leader
First up, some news you've been waiting for about our Community Leader program – we've talked about this before, we're in the process of re-working the program. I'll tell you about how the new system will work in a future Newsletter, but for now the current program's being put on hold as of October 24, 2007.
If you're currently a CL, the CL status will be removed from your title/character name on October 24th.
Remember, don't get upset if didn't get a chance to be a CL. We're re-tooling the program to make it better, so you'll have more chances. We'll have more details soon. Stay tuned!

Leaving the Magic Kingdom

As you already know, we're closing VMK Central at the Magic Kingdom Park on September 30, 2007 – this will be the last day you can Quest in-Park at the Magic Kingdom. As I've said before, as time goes by we're changing the way Quests, rewards, and other parts of VMK work. The game, very much like our theme parks, is always changing. We've always tried to experiment with unique ways of doing things, like in-Park Questing, and we'll continue to do that (for example, we'll still be doing cool stuff in the Parks, like the merchandise cards and the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage Quest) – but those things won't revolve just around VMK Central.
Thanks to everyone that Quested in-Park at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland. Remember you can still play the Finding Nemo Submarine Quest at Disneyland (but hurry, it will be ending soon). So if you can, get to the Magic Kingdom and Quest this weekend!
Now that we got that news out of the way, here are some announcements I'm sure you want to hear:

Fall In!
The leaves are turning color, school is back in session, candy and Halloween costumes have taken over your local drug store – it can only mean one thing – Halloween is right around the corner! At VMK Central, we're getting some very special treats ready for you – like some new avatar costumes, a special end of the month Halloween-themed event and the return of the weekend pin!

VMK's getting ready for a spooktacular Halloween. Items like this Mickey Pumpkin hat will be coming in October!
This is just a sample of all the cool stuff we have coming! Besides all the Halloween treats, we're working on cool stuff for the months ahead too – I'll have more details on that in a future Newsletter, so stay tuned.

VMK Trading Card: Advanced
It's been a few weeks since we've talked about the Trading Card game, if you haven't played it yet, be sure to check it out in the VMK Arcade. We rolled out the Basic version to give you a chance to try the game, in the next few weeks we'll introduce the Advanced version of the game!
That's right, I said the advanced version – this version will have lots more features – like the ability to play against another player instead of just the computer! Plus, you'll be able to collect and build your own virtual set of cards! And yes, you WILL be able to play for and win virtual items from the VMK Trading Card Game in this version.

What's Your Dream?
Finally, what do you guys think of Dreams Month? We're really excited to be making our players dreams come true! Remember the program randomly places Host in certain places at certain times – so they don't know where they will be in advance. Plus, the VMK Dream item they give is generated by our system – so they can only give out what they're supposed to. so while asking a Host for a Dreams Reward is nice, don't be mad at them when they can't give you something, they have to follow the program so it's fair for everyone!

That's a Wrap!
Alright then, I've got to get back to testing the advanced version of the Trading Card Game! Since I'm super, super busy, I know my column may not be updated as frequently as you'd like, just remember my pal Push updates weekly (in addition to the other sections), so be sure to keep checking the whole Newsletter for the latest VMK News.
I'll be back with some more exciting VMK news soon, until then, see you in the game.
-Yavn
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 03:26 PM by souper_happy »

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Maleficent2

Re: 9/27 New VMK Newsletter
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 03:33 PM »

Finally news about doing away with the CL program. I did tell everyone over on the DIS but nobody seemed to believe me ;)

They have been telling me for months but we all know how very slow VMK works.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 03:38 PM by Maleficent2 »

Decoy

• Head Decoy In Charge
    Yet Still Just a Decoy...

Where'd he go now?
  • HDIC
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Nothing to See Here...
    • CRS - Caffeinated & Requiring Sugar
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 03:43 PM »

Cool hat.

Good to see Yavn still around after the rumors of his moving on.
...ʞɔɐq ʎɯ uo ʇɐ1ɟ ...sɐʍ ı ǝɹǝɥʇ

laurabearz

• Wasting Away in...
    Rum-ah-ritaville?!?
  • Invisibility Magic
  • It's Fun being Me.. Is it Fun being You?
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 04:07 PM »

YO DECOY! I found it!!!!

Still getting use to the set up over here... Sorry!
You know there is never a good time to quit smoking but geez...

Decoy

• Head Decoy In Charge
    Yet Still Just a Decoy...

Where'd he go now?
  • HDIC
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Nothing to See Here...
    • CRS - Caffeinated & Requiring Sugar
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 04:16 PM »

YO DECOY! I found it!!!!

Still getting use to the set up over here... Sorry!

No Worries!!!

Welcome to the thread you duplicated...  ;)
...ʞɔɐq ʎɯ uo ʇɐ1ɟ ...sɐʍ ı ǝɹǝɥʇ

kangapal

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 07:28 PM »

I have a question for the CL's on this board-  How long ago did VMK tell you about them changing the CL program?

I have one comment to make about Yavn's statement- "they have to follow the program so it's fair for everyone!"  The VMK program for Dreams is anything but "fair". So many people on VMK have more than their fair share of the dream, while others are clinging to the hope of a glimpse of a Host. 

Patchy

• My favorite summer
    activity is sleeping.
  • Teleport Magic
  • "The sun never sets on those who ride into it."
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 08:34 PM »

I think like two or three maybe four (i lost count) newsletters ago, they said they were going to change it around. I really don't mind, I think it will be good for a couple months to see if vmk can function without leaders and without the stress of "wanting to be leader because I would be popular" thing. Just hope they know what they are doing, when (if) they bring it back.

I heart my toaster

MouseTyme

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 05:17 AM »

I think like two or three maybe four (i lost count) newsletters ago, they said they were going to change it around. I really don't mind, I think it will be good for a couple months to see if vmk can function without leaders and without the stress of "wanting to be leader because I would be popular" thing. Just hope they know what they are doing, when (if) they bring it back.

It was a while ago for sure. When the CL program started it was to help new people get around the game. And to allow the staff to have free time to do their duties in the game without having to answer questions about how to get around VMK. So, the questions to pass the "TEST" only pertained to how you go from 1 place to another.

Somewhere along the way (and I missed how that right hook happened) players started to believe the CL's were more than just regular players, that were there to simple help people get around the game. Some of the players feel that CL's shouldn't enjoy the game (I have read rants of people saying "I saw a CL playing pirates or ghosts and not doing their job), or even be allowed to win things, that they are there to "GIVE" players items they want.    :uhuh3:   This mentality is why I quit being a CL. And I felt bad for the really good CL's that stuck it out.

I also hope the new program (what ever its name will be) is well though out and is not the circus the current one is. That the process is much harder than a few questions asking how do you go from Tomorrowland to Main street.   

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 06:34 AM »

I also hope the new program (what ever its name will be) is well though out   

Excuse me but..  :rofl1: :lol: :lolp: :roflmao: ;D :rofl1:  "well thought out" when speaking of VMK!

(.. and today children, we shall be learning the word "incongruous"..)  :lol: :rofl1: :roflmao: :rofl2:

You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Patchy

• My favorite summer
    activity is sleeping.
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2007, 12:10 PM »

Somewhere along the way (and I missed how that right hook happened) players started to believe the CL's were more than just regular players, that were there to simple help people get around the game. Some of the players feel that CL's shouldn't enjoy the game (I have read rants of people saying "I saw a CL playing pirates or ghosts and not doing their job), or even be allowed to win things, that they are there to "GIVE" players items they want.    :uhuh3:   This mentality is why I quit being a CL. And I felt bad for the really good CL's that stuck it out.

Oh goodness, I felt like I always should have quit. I love when I was told I was lying when I said I didn't get anything for being a leader. Oh and the random guests coming up to me saying since I was a leader I give stuff away... Also I loved how people would try to get me into trouble so maybe give them some sort of chance of being picked to replace me... yes good times...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 12:11 PM by Patchy »

I heart my toaster

papaduck

• Suck it up,Cupcake!!
    I am for Whirled Peas
  • Sir IQuack4Wenches & sometimes I quack myself up!
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2007, 12:40 PM »

Excuse me but..  :rofl1: :lol: :lolp: :roflmao: ;D :rofl1:  "well thought out" when speaking of VMK!

(.. and today children, we shall be learning the word "incongruous"..)  :lol: :rofl1: :roflmao: :rofl2:

"Incongruous".......ain't that where our elected representatives are???????
I know that the voices aren't real,
But they have some good ideas anyway.

I say you are a wench because it's a good thing!:rum:

Life is good on the lunatic fringe.

SaraAriel

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 02:31 PM »

Oh goodness, I felt like I always should have quit. I love when I was told I was lying when I said I didn't get anything for being a leader. Oh and the random guests coming up to me saying since I was a leader I give stuff away... Also I loved how people would try to get me into trouble so maybe give them some sort of chance of being picked to replace me... yes good times...

Those are things I won't miss about being a CL!  Not to mention the numerous people reporting me because I sent them to see Davy Jones and didn't let them win and the 50 friend requests per day from the CL collectors :groan:

The program does need to be reworked and ditch those that only log into VMK to keep their title and those that are only in it for the "virtual fame" (something I've never understood anyway).  Hopefully whatever they do is an improvement!

MouseTyme

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 08:55 PM »

I had a moment there, didn't I?   :lolp:

lab_girl

• Are my results in yet?
    From the Smurf Generation
  • Bat Magic
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 08:05 AM »

:uhuh2: I am upset about losing my 'CL'.. Not sure why - I really didn't think I would be. 
Although what really makes me mad is some of the comments from strangers on the game... my favorite is (when I was saying to someone that I was sad to be losing my CL) "At least now you will give the rest of us a chance"  :rant2: (ya, like I was stopping you from becoming a leader)

Do you think they will let us 'keep' the button?

:fishing: :cheerleader: :pbook: :pbounce: :tigger: :pmickey:
     DH                      DD       DS    DS    DS

Patchy

• My favorite summer
    activity is sleeping.
  • Teleport Magic
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2007, 08:38 AM »

Do you think they will let us 'keep' the button?

they probably won't, I would be very surprised if they did....
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 08:39 AM by Patchy »

I heart my toaster

Maleficent2

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2007, 02:35 PM »

don't know why that quote was there lol

do not want to burst the bubble but I do not think he is.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 02:45 PM by Maleficent2 »

grumpydisneydad

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2007, 11:01 PM »

Not to mention the numerous people reporting me because I sent them to see Davy Jones and

Isnt Davy Jone's Locker where all the mermaids get dressed in their uniforms?  If it is PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send me there    :love: :love: :please:
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up