VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gingerbread House competition! Limited registration so read immediately!  (Read 8726 times)

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Here's your chance to show the Kingdom just how much holiday spirit you've got!

Build your best Gingerbread House or Holiday Room using the Holiday and Gingerbread pieces. Use a winter theme or any theme (Holiday Jungle Cruise, anyone?), but you must use Gingerbread and Holiday pieces in your room.

This is an individual room competition. You must submit your registration following our guidelines below:

1. The room MUST BE NAMED in the following way:
"Gingerbread House (your player name)"

2. When you register ONLY PROVIDE your player name and the name of the room you are entering in the competition.

3. Gingerbread Houses/Rooms will be judged by the following categories:

-Best Theme
-Most Creative
-Best Overall (this includes both most creative and best theme)

There will be 10 First Prize winners and 1 Grand Prize winner from each category.

Registration opens today, Monday December 17th at 4:00 P.M. PST. Only the first 2000 players that register (and do so following the guidelines) will be accepted.

When registration opens, you will find the VMK Gingerbread Competition Registration option in the 'Contact Us' menu. 'Contact Us' is located at the bottom of any vmk.com webpage.

When you register please make sure that you enter a valid email address that can receive messages from us. Registration will close when we have received 2000 player entries, the registration option will be removed from the 'Contact Us' menu. We will reply to the players that qualified during open registration.

Again, only the first 2000 players that follow the registration guidelines and enter the contest when registration is open will be judged.

Your Gingerbread house/holiday room must be completed by midnight December 25th.

Judging will begin on Wednesday, December 26th and end Sunday, January 13th. Winners will be announced on Monday the 14th of January. A Room Judging Flag will be placed in your room once your room has been judged.

While it is not required, VMK encourages you to keep your room open during the event so other players can enjoy what you have created. Prizes for the event will be announced after registrations have been closed.

Begin planning your Gingerbread Holiday treat today!

You say I am a wench like it's a bad thing. WEDGEWENCH

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!

Thanks Ant!  Probably would not have caught this for a while, and missed out.

Now just have to hope I did it correctly for both myself and DS. :wait:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room

Thanks Ant!  Probably would not have caught this for a while, and missed out.

Now just have to hope I did it correctly for both myself and DS. :wait:

You will know right away because you get an email response almost immediately. Also they mentioned they will take the "gingerbread house contest" part of the "contact us" away after they get the 2000 entries. So I say if you were able to enter, your in!!
You say I am a wench like it's a bad thing. WEDGEWENCH

thealienstitch

• Lag may not be a new item,
    but it is Free and
    only half the calories
  • Pirate Skull Rock Room
  • Blood Type: Espresso

I did miss out, as I came home tonight from work to read this thread, said oh cool and then found out the option to sign up is already removed from VMK. I am not happy at all about this, as because I have a job and had to work today I am penalized from competing. I am miffed to say the least..............................Fee
The good old days, the honest man, The restless heart, the Promised Land. A subtle kiss that no one sees, A broken wrist and a big trapeze. Oh well I don't mind, if you don't mind. 'Cause I don't shine if you don't shine. Before you go, can you read my mind?- "Read My Mind" by The Killers

Kаsiks

• Liked by the Tag Fairy
  • Bat Magic

I have already written to VMK but I wonder if I should write again  :'( and ask them if they have any idea of what the word fair for a contest means, I am so sad and mad, I was waiting for that contest and now I cant participate.. It is not only because I am from Europe and that I was sleeping when they opened the registration because of course at first you only see yourself and not the others, but there is also people in USA that were waiting like me for the contest and that cant participate .. They did that so quickly, I was waiting for it but I mean one day of waiting before the registrations and opening the registration at the opening of VMK would have been better.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 01:09 AM by .:[Kaa ~ Key]:. »

kangapal

I'm not happy about the way they did this.  Only letting in 2000 people into the contest is one of the reasons I'm upset.  The other is because they opened it at 7 pm (my time) on a Monday night.  Who is going to be looking at the VMK home page then?  Don't they realize that there are Holiday concerts, parties and other things that people do during this time of the year?

And believe it or not, the kids that play....they still have homework to do!! 

Here's a thought....Maybe VMK has a secret plan to get everyone mad at them, so some of the players will leave. 

BooLani

• A Toddle Tail for a reasonable Fee...
  • Fireworks Magic
  • fighting one bit of paperwork at a time

Le Sigh VMK silly Amount for registration strikes again
I like my gingerbread well anyway even if it looks like a house more than a broken well, a nice addition to the broken well family

Angry, yet suggestful email sent.... bah humbug to stupidly timed registrations

It would have been so much fairer if they had opened the registration in the mornin on VMK, most are on in the mornings to do points on VMK, giving most who bother to look at the homepage a chance. at 12am UK time I was actually trying to sleep  :mad:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 06:57 AM by BooLani »
Pages: [1]   Go Up