VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New items 1/18  (Read 10924 times)

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
New items 1/18
« on: January 18, 2008, 07:07 AM »

So far, there is a new loading screen, very nicely done too!

Have not seen anything new in Emporium specials, but will continue to look around ;)

Okay, nothing new to buy, but the holiday overlays on Main Street are gone.  VMK Central still there.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 07:14 AM by Purpleduck »
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Flying Carpet Magic
Re: New items 1/18
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 07:44 AM »

At least they did not remove VMK central.  Loading screen looks nice. We were wondering how they would be able to keep releasing magic with what we know to be available and the time remaining.  There is flying carpet which we have been told don't count on it by the person that promised it, and Treasure finders magic.  Since we have two other pieces of information, the hosts are wearing TD 1 star and Yavn said save your credits, you will need then at the end of the month I am puttting my bet on nothing new this week was the plan but Treasure detector magic will be out next week for 50 K

littlebelle

• Used to be just here
    when DIS was down
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 07:55 AM »

Is this the first month ever we did not have a pin set to buy?

UNPROVINCIALWENCH! Kat says I am worldy in a good sense :)

Patchy

• My favorite summer
    activity is sleeping.
  • Teleport Magic
  • "The sun never sets on those who ride into it."
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 08:06 AM »

Is this the first month ever we did not have a pin set to buy?

I don't think so, there has to be some month that there was no pin set to buy... I really can't remember though... I have been on this thing for too long....xD what's it is going to be three years now? scary -_-

though, I did just realized maybe the reason why fireworks is having double the points friday, because it has been a year since Firework Remix has been open?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 08:09 AM by Patchy »

I heart my toaster

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 08:47 AM »

I think dreams month had no pins to buy and I believe there was another but I can't remember either.
You say I am a wench like it's a bad thing. WEDGEWENCH

thealienstitch

• Lag may not be a new item,
    but it is Free and
    only half the calories
  • Pirate Skull Rock Room
  • Blood Type: Espresso
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 10:05 AM »

Not much magic for a month that is supposed to be all about Magic. :(  But oh yes the loading screen is really cool indeed....................Fee
The good old days, the honest man, The restless heart, the Promised Land. A subtle kiss that no one sees, A broken wrist and a big trapeze. Oh well I don't mind, if you don't mind. 'Cause I don't shine if you don't shine. Before you go, can you read my mind?- "Read My Mind" by The Killers

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 11:09 AM »

Maybe they want to make sure everyone has bought a few extra magic tables.  (cough) Adventure (cough).

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

FilamentTheBright

• Is it Bright in here
    or is it just me?

A Well Gnome Flasher
  • Trading Gnome
  • Pirate Cannon Room
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 01:44 PM »

Royal month there were no pin sets... I dont get whats going on with vmk :groan: There is no new realeases and its friday!!! Vmk  :please: Realease some new magic

Wasn't Royal month the Fall series pins?

DizMemoriez

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 03:54 PM »

Can't wait until more magic comes out! it's making me so anxious POTC, Haunted Mansion && Fireworks here I come!  :tongue3:

FilamentTheBright

• Is it Bright in here
    or is it just me?

A Well Gnome Flasher
  • Trading Gnome
  • Pirate Cannon Room
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 07:35 PM »

Oh! Yes indeed figment thats true now that u say that....i guess thats why your name is figmenthebright hehe :hang: also this is for tomorrows realeases sigle use magic!!!! :wtf?: is up with that!!!!!!!

Who is this figmentthebright you write of? 

Looks like your memory is shot.

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 08:13 PM »

It says in the newsletter that the new items will be out tomorrow.

Sorcerer Mickey Hat (which of course I spent all my credits on and now they bring it back!  :rant2:) and the PhilharMagic Chair Green (which I believe we got in quests last year.).  Also there will be Teleportation Magic (Single Use) and Curse Storm Magic (Single Use).  Makes me wonder if these magics unlimited use will be sold again soon.

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

Adventuredaz

• Churros, Coffee &
    Hour Strecher Wanted
    Inquire Within
  • Flying Carpet Magic
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 10:23 PM »

I have only slightly modified my position on one time use magic. I had previously said it all sucks and would not buy it. I now stand by it all sucks but if it gives you a chance to get a permanant prize it my have a possible value.  obviously keys and sword pins are game awards and not buyable.  Treasure detector could net between zero and 5000 credits or anywhere inbetween.  If it is released as one time use only and price 500 or below I will consider purchasing a few but really would like the real deal.

These releases tomorrow are :wtf2: this is magic month...its like they are fresh out of ideas or brain cells . one time use teleport and curesed storm do not excite me.  If your going to sell it - sell the real stuff not the made in China junk. And exactly why the green chair? March is coming anyway.

It's not so much the lack of a pin set, if it isn't sold I can live without it.  The overall excitement of the game is way down - if it was not for my friends at this point I would probably go back to playing Age of Empires or something.  For magic month I would say they struck out so far , yes I know there is still next week and I expect a big item but this moth has been filled with less Disney Magic then my previous 30+ months.  Sure the issues with the prizes have clouded my month some but I am over that, thats normal for them.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 10:58 PM »

I guess we get to all save some credits once again this week huh?

I really don't understand the Single Use Teleport ... or  ... Storm Magics at all??  Is this a tease to us?  That we will be seeing Multi-Use Teleport and Multi-Use Storm magic being sold then?   :??:

As far as the chairs ... Well ... They do have a title of Philhar Magic Chair.  So I guess that is why they are selling it, because it fits the theme?  IDK.   

I agree with Add though ... We will probably see this chair again in March, just like we saw it last year.  Along with the green barrel chair, and whatever else they have green lying around to sell us.

I'm still scared about what kind of new magic might be released come the end of the month, and exactly what kind of hefty price tag it will carry with it.
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 04:46 AM »

Just a thought on why some of these new items, starting today, are being offered, beyond the obvious -for us to buy.

Could it be for hosts to be able to offer some variety in those 5 a week quests? 

There have been 2 quests already this week, and what was the prize? The magic table.  Now how many do we really need of those?

Now, they can add variety with not only the chair or hat, but giving out the single use magics as prizes.

Personally, I already have those magics and would find it a useless prize to get a single use.  But it would be infinitely better than receiving 5 magic tables a week to the end of the month, as I do enjoy doing the quests simply because they are quests.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2008, 01:36 PM »

Just a thought on why some of these new items, starting today, are being offered, beyond the obvious -for us to buy.

Could it be for hosts to be able to offer some variety in those 5 a week quests? 

There have been 2 quests already this week, and what was the prize? The magic table.  Now how many do we really need of those?

Now, they can add variety with not only the chair or hat, but giving out the single use magics as prizes.

Personally, I already have those magics and would find it a useless prize to get a single use.  But it would be infinitely better than receiving 5 magic tables a week to the end of the month, as I do enjoy doing the quests simply because they are quests.

Very interesting thoughts ....  :hmmmm:

Agree, much better than getting a bunch of magic tables.  Personally, I hope they keep the single use magic at treasure detector for the quests.  Then at least you have a chance at credits or something else.  Unless of course you end up with nothing.  But at least you have a chance.   :thumb:

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2008, 07:59 PM »

I saw Lily wearing a Unlimited Treasure Detector Pin today and makes me think that they might sell it in the new shop.  That would be SO awesome!

I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Blue NOT New Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 10:39 PM »

I saw Lily wearing a Unlimited Treasure Detector Pin today and makes me think that they might sell it in the new shop.  That would be SO awesome!

That will be such a fun pin to have!  I just can't imagine what it will cost though?   :unsure:
Pages: [1]   Go Up