VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Nightly "closing the place down" fun  (Read 50324 times)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • more laundry....
Re: Nightly "closing the place down" fun
« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2008, 04:24 AM »

Love seeing your closing pics Princess....sorry I've missed so many lately. I've been trying to catch up on some sleep and we've had thunderstorms at night lately so I log off computer then. I miss the nightly closings...and dare I say it? I even miss the Gas attack  :crazy4:   :hug:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2008, 10:35 PM »

I want to start off on a more serious note this evening and thank everyone for closing with us in our daughter's room.  :hug: Today would have been my dad's birthday. He passed away almost seven years ago, but we still remember him on what would have been his birthday. He had cancer when I was a little girl and the many surgeries and experimental treatments cured him. He died at age 51, though, from radiation damage from those treatments. Mind you, in the early 70's these treatments were not even close to being as refined as they are today and they did not hold back in order to save my dad's life. (Which was a good thing since I was only five and my sister was born while my dad was sick) Anyway, we got 25 more wonderful years with him and for that we are so very thankful!

Some may find it silly, but we always spend this day together, watching old home movies and remembering funny things about my dad. (He would have fit in with everyone here, if that gives you a clue!) PrincessRed wanted to build a little room in his memory, even though most of her memories come through videos, photos, and stories we tell. She placed barrels in the room because he loved root beer and explained to us that the candies on the tables were "Butterfingers" - his favorite. So thanks to everyone who came to us tonight - we were, for obvious reasons planted in her room for close this evening! You are all very good friends.  :hug:

OK, on a lighter note, what a party this evening! Lots of fairies now have their wings! Woot!  :wavet: Many others are almost there! It is always so nice to see everyone and tonight as we said good night, our family feels especially thankful that you all have become a part of our lives.  :hug: Here are a few good night pics. (Note: the guest you see is Dis...we will have to get her title taken care of next - OH, Logan5, Legend, Surfer...  :lolg: )

Here you see somewhat of a celebration! Purpleduck and happy have figured out the secret to fending off King's gas... Fairy Power!  :dance2:

Note: sister was not fooled for a minute by fairy lag and her "Egad" would be prophetic of what was to come next...one star gas!  :gas7:

You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

RosieC

• I am getting older  :lolg:
    It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room
« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2008, 11:00 AM »

Root beer and Butterfingers!!  Woot!! Some of my favorites too!!   

Have you tried to make home made Root beer!  Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Maybe that would be a fun activity for next year.   :)    Home made Root beer and home made Butterfinger ice cream! 
                                                                                                  :drool:                                  :drool:

:hug:
Sweet maiden of the golden ale.

PintsWench
You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2008, 10:17 PM »

Hmmm Rosie, homemade Root Beer sounds like a plan to me!  :drinkingtoast: We love Butterfinger Ice Cream by the way! :icecream: Probably too much!  :lolg:

Well, King and I got on pretty close to closing time - I was hoping we would make it in time. Watching Michael Phelps win his 8th Gold medal - Incredible!  :wavet: Panda sent us a message to head to the map - so that is where we ended this evening. Even though we were short on time, King was not short on gas! Hugs and Night to everyone!  :hug: May everyone have a relaxing and blessed Sunday!  :)

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2008, 10:36 PM »

When I got on tonight, nobody else was on, from my list.  But Rosie showed up quick.. and when I looked again, I saw Princess, King and Kat.. but no Panda!?  (ah VFK, good for reminding us of bugs)

Rosie, Kat and I stopped at my room for a minute.. but we never had time enough to catch you all on the map. ( :heat: missed Kings gas again! hehe)

Sweet dreams and hugs all!

RosieC

It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room
« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2008, 10:40 PM »

Oh Yeah!!  Butterfinger ice cream!  Mmmmmmmmmmm   :lolg:

What Duck.he said!  Night all!   :hug:

PintsWench

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2008, 10:45 PM »

Hugs duck.he and Rose.he!  :hug: I saw you guys on as the time was ticking away. Alas, my typing skills suck - so the messages did not get out to see where you guys were to come find you.  :waveb: Arg, i should have payed more attention in typing class in Jr. High!  :doh: Hugs and Night you two.  :hug:

RosieC

It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2008, 11:02 PM »

LOL Princess! 

Yup those last 15 min went fast. We were in the middle of a conversation and zap up went the evil box.   :lolg:

ttfn   :)

PintsWench

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • New NOT Gnu Moderator II
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2008, 11:09 PM »

Hehe, I know nothing!!  :shy: >:D >:D :shy: :lolg:

So what else is new?   :tongue3:  >:D

Sorry Ant, I couldn't pass it up.   :hug:

Oh sure, try to talk your way out of it with Ant.. even saying an unheard of "sorry" from the free.king biting Kat!  But rip into Bright, me, and even Decoy (omg the HDIC!).. and we get bubkes!  :uhuh2:  Go ahead, show your favorite!

:lolg:

Hehe, I can't believe I missed all this drama! I just found this little ditty today,  >:D :popcorn:

Sorry I have been missing closings lately. I miss you all and my heart is with you. Have a great Sunday tomorrow.
You say I am a wench like it's a bad thing. WEDGEWENCH

Kat

• Damn Freaking Kat
    She Bites!!!
     ;)
    The evil pancake bunny
    haunts me wherever I go!!

I am standing on
    the precipice of old!!
  • Pirate Skull Rock Room
« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2008, 02:38 AM »

Oh sure, try to talk your way out of it with Ant.. even saying an unheard of "sorry" from the free.king biting Kat!  But rip into Bright, me, and even Decoy (omg the HDIC!).. and we get bubkes!  :uhuh2:  Go ahead, show your favorite!

Hehe, I can't believe I missed all this drama! I just found this little ditty today,  >:D :popcorn:

Sorry I have been missing closings lately. I miss you all and my heart is with you. Have a great Sunday tomorrow.

In my defense, I wasn't really showing favoritism.  It's just that you're the only one who could kill me with your almighty cow.boom gas attack, I gotta stay on your good side KWIM?   :lolp:
________
Kathy

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

FurballWench

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2008, 09:25 AM »

In my defense, I wasn't really showing favoritism.  It's just that you're the only one who could kill me with your almighty cow.boom gas attack, I gotta stay on your good side KWIM?   :lolp:

Aww, a kitty kat scared of an ant.. poor little "damn free.king biting kat".. such worries!  :rofl1:

Antjewel

• I fart in your
    general direction.
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2008, 03:36 PM »

I just wonder how many times I did kill you with my gas attacks. maybe 50 -100 times?  :bighug: But it was a blast, and especially when they turned to gold. :)

Aww, a kitty kat scared of an ant.. poor little "damn free.king biting kat".. such worries!  :rofl1:

Are ducks, kats and ants supposed to get along as good as we do? Hmm, I need to go consult my encyclopedia and see if our three species are supposed to get along this well.  :lolg:
You say I am a wench like it's a bad thing. WEDGEWENCH

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2008, 10:20 PM »

Well, I hope someone on the map was taking pictures tonight! I logged on tonight and ended up on the map - I don't know how I got there.  :??: But I found Ant, Krazy Kim, Rob and Sweet, Panda, and smackeralchick. Then I had huge lag and ended up in Stonehenge!  :hmmmm: But there I see Rose.he! So yay to that.  :thumb: Then I realize my laptop was doing a dumbo security scan, which can wreak havoc when I am in game. So I had to refresh!  :sur:

I tried to get back on the map to say night before heading off to smackeralchick's room to end the evening. Ah, to no avail. But I know there was a wild party happening there!  :drunk: So I will post a few pics from where I was and let my imagination run wild as to what was happening on that map tonight!  >:D :rofl1:

Hugs and Night Everyone!  :hug:

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2008, 10:27 PM »

We closed in Snowy's "minimalist" room tonight!  :lolg: Actually, with the room empty, there was plenty of room for all of the wings! I was showing up half sized on many screens, so I tried to ask Kat to be my "mummy" since I was a "baby" with no home!  :rofl1: I guess Cats don't play "baby".  :laugh2: Hugs to any friends who might be encountering Fay - Good Night Everyone - Sleep Well.  :hug: :sleep:

Happy

• Just a Happy Guest
    & A Bit Behind
« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2008, 10:32 PM »

:bighug: Hugs Everyone.  Sorry I missed closing again. It looks like it was a fun time. 

You say I am a wench, like it's a bad thing!
BitBehindWench

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
  • Purple Vice Admin
« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2008, 11:22 PM »

Funny enough that Princess was so small she was looking for Kat to be her mom.me.  But then Panda showed back up, the size of an ant.. or, maybe, a tooth fairy for tiny Princess?  :lolg:  (she's the tiny blue spot on the floor, near little Princess LOL)

PrincessWendyBird

« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2008, 10:37 PM »

Woot! Nice picture purpleduck!  :wavet: It looks like a Sesame Street game there...Small Smaller Smallest!  :lolg:

King had to snap a few pictures for me tonight, I was having some fairy lag off and on tonight. Purpleduck had a tiny fairy by her side until close - must have been her gas-be-gone fairy to keep King at bay!  :rofl1: VFK_Vintage and VFK_Bondi were in the backyard with some of us and were helping a friend with some technical issues. It was actually a very interesting conversation as they tried to figure out if it was a connection issue or server issue. At one point I was in single mode for a brief second, then back in the room. They had reset one server to see if that helped. Pretty interesting stuff.  :)

So, Hugs and Night Everyone!  :hug:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up