VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Host Jade Hearts-A-Fire Valentine Ride Event 2/12/11  (Read 5165 times)

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • more laundry....
Host Jade Hearts-A-Fire Valentine Ride Event 2/12/11
« on: February 12, 2011, 06:18 AM »

from main page:

HOST_Jade's Hearts-A-Fire Valentine Ride Event!

HOST_Jade's Hearts-A-Fire Valentine Ride Event!

This host event has seven start rooms, so check your HOST tab for all seven rooms, and choose your favorite!

You will have your choice of either the Love-Struck Enchantment or the Happy Hippo Hat!

HOST_Jade's Hearts-A-Fire Valentine Ride Event starts at 9:00 A.M. Pacific Time (Noon Eastern Time, 5:00 P.M. U.K. Time)!

----------------------------

I like how we have more rooms AND a choice of prize!  :dance3:

Someone must have complained about too many sheep - so now we have Happy Hippos!  :lolg:
Wondering what the Love-Struck Enchantment will be like!

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
Re: Host Jade Hearts-A-Fire Valentine Ride Event 2/12/11
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 06:46 AM »

Wondering what the Love-Struck Enchantment will be like!

Me too, I am not crazy about a hat.

I also wonder if this will be a fair ride, you get in line and you go, or more of the random selection of who gets in.  :td:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 11:31 AM »

well drat!  Had Basketball games this morning, so just able to log on now -- as it's over.  Most likely not getting in.  But.. so VERY glad to see a pop-up that said an Encore ride event tomorrow.  So, hopefully I can participate then.   :dance3:

gl to all trying to get in.   :clapping:

ETA:  YAY!  Thank you VFK.  SOOOOO Happy to see this!

« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 11:49 AM by Astro »
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 12:23 PM »

We all know Jade started at 45 minutes before the end, stating the end was coming!  Me thinks she got tired of it? :lolg:

Well I made it in in the last few minutes, and she seemed to be much more relaxed to have it over ROFL

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 12:46 PM »

Ducky, so glad you shared that pic with us! I love her rendition of Row Row Row Your Boat  :lolg:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 12:54 PM »

Thanks Fun!  A lovely singing voice by Jade :P

Objectively speaking:  this ride had serious issues.  'Auto-on' is always nice :)  Unfortunately, the rides in each room were TOO long!  My personal opinion was that I wasn't fond of the color scheme.  While Flame likes everything 'hot', Flame just couldn't find the 'love' in the lava  :P  LOL.  Not very attractive rooms to my eye.

The worst of all:  creating a MASSIVE (and uber-laggy) ride in a SCROLLING ROOM!  Anyone that has bad lag had to have crashed in that room.  I can't imagine them making it out alive...especially with chatterboxes!  I clicked SO many people to 'ignore' them...which helped aLOT.  Even so...about 10 minutes to ride the ride?!  Ugh.

Multiple prizes.  I hate that.  The hats looked cute I guess (hey, I'm a guy...whaddayawant?).  Haven't tried the magics, but the pins are definitely something which seemed like it would appeal more to the females, than to males. 

I was really ticked about the ride in the scrolling room.  I hate just WALKING in those rooms with NOTHING IN THEM.  Riding in them...with people yacking up a storm...fugetaboutit!

The positive thing in this ride I found was that the Queue seemed to really move.   That was nice.

Personal opinion, of course.  You don't have to like it ;)

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 01:40 PM »

PD were you in the White Room first?  I saw a girl in there with the same yellow ears and purple dress, but I couldn't say hi cause I was moving slower then a snail and would of crashed.  Jade came in that room though after you left and she was riding it then too.  I hope you made it all the way through cause it sure was a pain for me as I creeped along.  I guess even lighting a fire under my swan's butt couldn't make him go any faster.  :doh:  :lolg:  I even seen a few without swans, they were riding up on their feet or sitting on air as they rode the tracks.  Talk about a hot foot or burned butt.  Ouch!  :voodoo2:

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 02:12 PM »

Omgosh Krazy! burned butts/feet  :voodoo2:  :lolg:

I love the 'auto ride' for these events! Gives me a chance to stuff around house.

Flame didn't like this 'hot love' room? I've seen hosts build prettier rooms - but I guess they wanted it to be "smokin' hot love"

I have to say that I don't like a long ride with a scrolling room due to the lag for me. And I did crash when I was in the second room on this ride.  :sur:  However, I logged back on and sent a message thru the Help button.  VFK was kind enough to put me back on the ride!  And that time I made it through!  :dance3:  After that I was able to get back in Q and made it through the ride again!  :dance2:  Got a magic and a hippo hat!

But, I do love these teleporter/ride host events! Especially when so many have a better chance to get in these with that many open rooms!  :clap1:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 07:13 AM by funfly »

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 02:56 PM »

The help button was very effective if you crashed.  We found that out, too.  Nice of them to keep a sharp eye on DC requests.

I love the teleporter and ride events...but the ride events haven't been visually attractive to me lately.  Not only that, lag has been WAY worse than I remember.  I remember the 'old' ride rooms being much more appealing to the eyes.  Maybe I shouldn't have gotten new glasses... :shy:

I'd complain again about rides in scrolling rooms...but I'll compose myself and refrain from repeating what I already said.   :hmm:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 03:50 PM »

I absolutely LOVED this event and I am so glad they planned an encore! Yay Astro - you'll get to go through tomorrow. The rides were very long and laggy, but were pretty intricate with ride pieces. While the rooms might not have been as pretty as usual, I have to give Jade credit for the intricacies in the rooms, lots of in and out and back and forth.

I was like you, Fun, and did other things while people rode through. We had a few things happen in real life last night/this morning and the kids and I did not get much sleep. (Long story...) King was at work and the kids and I were actually napping, trying to catch up on some shut eye. I just placed some people in line and got up every 30 minutes or so to see who had made it through the ride, clicked the prize, and put a new person on. I think the two computers were about ready to start smoking from all of the work they were doing, but it was fun! You gotta love an event you can do while napping! :sleep: :thumb:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 06:57 PM »

For those that don't know, it's been confirmed that there was a glitch with the ride last night, where people were getting multiple magics on the ride.  A FEW people apparently 'milked the system' and are walking around with full lanyards of 5* Lovestruck enchantments. 

Way to go VFK. 

And I hope the people who are showing them off enjoy their ill-gotten booty.  The rest of us got ours the fair way.  Might have to do some 'cleaning up' on my friends list...  'Nuff said.

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 09:01 PM »

For those that don't know, it's been confirmed that there was a glitch with the ride last night, where people were getting multiple magics on the ride.  A FEW people apparently 'milked the system' and are walking around with full lanyards of 5* Lovestruck enchantments. 

Way to go VFK. 

And I hope the people who are showing them off enjoy their ill-gotten booty.  The rest of us got ours the fair way.  Might have to do some 'cleaning up' on my friends list...  'Nuff said.

Omg, I crashed so much today on the rides because my computer is slow enough without every five seconds someone going "Vroom, slow computer" or "Vroom.....vroom.....vroom, we know who has the slow computer cause we can fly right by them".  Why can't some people just be nice to others and not talk a whole lot (flooding the room) so people with slow computers can get their prize too and not crash.  Then have to wait all night to get back on again.  Why, do they get the double magic and I get buttkiss.  We can get on more times if others were a bit more respectful.  Oh well, at least they are still better then Host Hunts.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 09:13 PM »

Yup agree.  I wasn't a fan of this event AT ALL, personal opinion.  Lag was ridiculous and people don't know when to be quiet on these ride events, like EVER.  Very frustrating indeed.  VFK has done better.  oh well, glad it's over.  I wanted to pull my hair out.  blah  :(  I got stuck on the rides I have no idea how many times, so there were obviously issues -- and I wasn't the only one.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 09:55 PM »

Way to go VFK. 

Omg, I crashed so much today on the rides because my computer is slow enough without every five seconds someone going "Vroom, slow computer" or "Vroom.....vroom.....vroom, we know who has the slow computer cause we can fly right by them".  Why can't some people just be nice to others and not talk a whole lot (flooding the room) so people with slow computers can get their prize too and not crash.  Then have to wait all night to get back on again.  Why, do they get the double magic and I get buttkiss.  We can get on more times if others were a bit more respectful.  Oh well, at least they are still better then Host Hunts.

Sorry to hear you were treated like that Krazy.  I got pictures of that lowlife here:

http://www.vmknobs.com/index.php?topic=7612.0

Shame on them.   :uhuh2:

Mermaid Melusina

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 10:29 PM »

...supposed to be love struck with this ride...it was love stuck...

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 10:48 PM »

Sorry to hear you were treated like that Krazy.  I got pictures of that lowlife here:

http://www.vmknobs.com/index.php?topic=7612.0

Shame on them.   :uhuh2:

Thanks Flame, I just left a big rant there lol.  I think I know that person too which is a big shame.  :uhuh:  :uhuh2:

LOL, thanks for making my day Fish.i!  Splash hugs!  :bighug:

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 08:37 AM »

ROFL!     :rofl1:      Yep, you got that right!   :2thunbs:
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up