VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11/26 Host Hunt- Lady Gobbles (over)  (Read 2547 times)

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
11/26 Host Hunt- Lady Gobbles (over)
« on: November 26, 2009, 03:46 PM »

I know it's after the fact, but there was a host hunt today from approximately 3:30 pm EST to 5:30 pm EST.  The prize was a 'Lady Gobbles'.  Let's hope they have at least one more hunt for this prize.  Some of us DO have families we visit on holidays like Thanksgiving... :uhuh:

Flamanar

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Still Soarin' :)
Re: 11/26 Host Hunt- Lady Gobbles (over)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 07:26 PM »

Okay, I'm just going to vent ... Are you kidding me VFK?!  This is supposed to be a family game, hence I would think promoting time with family.  And, you go and throw a new Host prize on Thanksgiving, when most players are spending time with family and friends, to celebrate Thanksgiving.  Not cool.    :td:   :uhuh2:    :td:

There are plenty of times I miss Host Hunt events ... but seriously I feel bad for everyone not even given a fair chance at being able to try.  :(

ETA:  Going to vent some more ... As I'm updating our Guides here, I notice this is the THIRD prize for the entire month of November.  (and we only have 4 days of the month left.  Doubt there will be that many hunts for this 1)  Really, Really wish it was just 1 prize for the month.  :(

Anywho ... I saw someone that has 7 of these things out for display in a trade room already.  Yes, 7.   :hmm:

Didn't realize that VFK used it already as part of the Scavenger Hunt either.   :lolg:

from Scavenger Hunt

as seen in a Trade Room
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 07:33 PM by AstroGigiblue »
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 07:37 PM »

Okay, I'm just going to vent ... Are you kidding me VFK?!  This is supposed to be a family game, hence I would think promoting time with family.  And, you go and throw a new Host prize on Thanksgiving, when most players are spending time with family and friends, to celebrate Thanksgiving.  Not cool.    :td:   :uhuh2:    :td:

There are plenty of times I miss Host Hunt events ... but seriously I feel bad for everyone not even given a fair chance at being able to try.  :(

ETA:  Going to vent some more ... As I'm updating our Guides here, I notice this is the THIRD prize for the entire month of November.  (and we only have 4 days of the month left.  Doubt there will be that many hunts for this 1)  Really, Really wish it was just 1 prize for the month.  :(

Anywho ... I saw someone that has 7 of these things out for display in a trade room already.  Yes, 7.   :hmm:

Didn't realize that VFK used it already as part of the Scavenger Hunt either.   :lolg:

Astro: +1

I did find out through a help request and from Age on the map that there will be more hunts for this prize.  Still a bummer that it was probably missed by many people who had no idea there was a hunt...because today is the day that many people spend time with friends/loved ones.  Age said that some people were not able to be with their families today, so they did a host hunt today....

1 prize a month please, VFK.

Personally, I think it's ugly as...well...nvm.  LOL.  Of course, I still must get one ;)

Flamanar
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 07:40 PM by flamanar »

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 07:51 PM »

Thank you for the update from Age, Flame.  If it's only a prize for November, Dragon better cram a bunch in within the next 4 days.

I do realize that some are not able to be with families for Thanksgiving, there was still plenty to do in VFK (just saying out loud to myself) ... regardless, I feel VFK is well deserving of having a "day off" too.  oh well, it's done and over with. 

and yes, many will agree ... as ugly as this prize may be ... for game collectors out there - a must have though! 
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 11:55 PM »

Agreed and agreed with all of the above. Not only a host hunt on Thanksgiving, but during a time when most people would be at family events. (Especially Eastern and Central Time) We had everybody here by 4-4:30pm EST and had dinner then visited, etc.

I also feel even more strongly about 1 host prize per month, especially with no host rooms as an alternative. They create so many wonderful things, save something for next year or sell it, etc. Well, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I enjoyed having lady Gobbles for dinner tonight - oh, and also Mister Ham.  :lolg:
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 06:39 AM »

As Wendy said, Agreed to all above as well. Yesterday I logged on just in time to see the last 2 people win the Host Hunt. I logged in only long enough to do the mini quest and then return to kitchen clean-up duty. 

Granted, I'm not a host hunt person since it's difficult for me plus no fun waiting in a room for the "chance" to try and win.  I've done a few hunts but quickly bored with them.  Like Wendy said at least keep the host prize the same for the month --I'd like to see that AND add host rooms to win the same prize.

Between the burn-out from Trick or Treat, quests, crossword puzzle prizes, maze prizes, etc I've cut back on some playing and even more on attempting to get each item (which I never really could do or care a lot of) - so these constant changing host hunt items that I'm unable to capture (and now maze and puzzle prizes) have me sooo not caring as much even more so.

. Well, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I enjoyed having lady Gobbles for dinner tonight - oh, and also Mister Ham.  :lolg:

Woot, lady Gobbles was yummy for our dinner; and Mister Ham made an excellent snack later!  :thumb:

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 03:06 PM »

Does this mean, Lord Ham will be next year's prize!? :rofl1:

This host hunt had me in tears! I was online because as we tried to get to the family dinner at my aunt's house, my car developed a problem. Then we returned and took my parents car and boom, another car problem. So we came home, and had no lady gobbles, which was fine. Then the hunt as many clones won, same people as always... I missed her too as someone wrote the sentence wrong and I had it right, but the other person's turned blue!!!

and on top of it all, my mother's aunt passed away after the host hunt ended. Bad day much? Yup!!!
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.
Pages: [1]   Go Up