VMK no BS Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: New "Game in a bottle" prizes for mini-games? UPDATE: NOW NEW MAGIC, TOO..  (Read 41248 times)

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Moderator of This Board
  • Haunted Conservatory Room
  • Still Soarin' :)

Awww Fun, I feel for ya guys, I really do.   :'(

I do not want to take away from anyone that has even started or finished the "mini-game bottles/rewards".  I know it would take me personally, FOREVER to do this!  I'm not a patient person.    :lolg:  I was getting anxious after reading about all this, and I'm a sucker for new magic anyway.   :shy:

I'm sure it feels like a great accomplishment when you earn all these bottles and magic yourself.  I hope that this stuff will be around long enough for me, to at least try.  Someday "soon"?  when real life calms down a bit.

In the meantime, don't give up, Fun & Red and anyone else trying.  Keep at it, it's all within your reach.   :clapping:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

flamanar

• I like to think that I will not let the game beat me.
    :hmmmm: Sainthood? Knighthood?
  • YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

LOL.  What Fun said.  It is hectic, frantic and plain insanity to earn this stuff!  I was trying for another focus for Hero and myself when the maze stuff hit.  I've been stuck in the maze ever since with both me and Hero stuck at 5 bottles a piece...and bird still to do for both! :sur:

Save yourself the headache.  Trade if you can LOL. 

Flamanar...hopes we're all done with the mazes for a bit... :sleep:

PrincessWendyBird

• That is why I LOVE it here!
    Sugar Daddys, Gas, and even some bare booties - Woot!

Sometimes it takes a fire to bring a flood.
    • Our Family MySpace Page

lol Flame, I have given up on those ice sculptures, I will have to come visit all of yours and Pixies and .Its.  :lolg: Maybe you guys could make an icy petting zoo?  ;)

Astro, I am so glad you got the bottles and magic. We were worried about you with those things and were trying to figure out how we might be able to help.

Flame and family, I wanted to say a special thanks to you guys for posting all of the hints about the Space mini-games. It made playing Pirates, Night Fighters, and especially Laser Tag much easier. We finally got all bottles for us and the kids yesterday. ( I was feeling blech, so I was the target(s) in Laser Tag and Night Fighters.  :sur:

:sos: Astro, I am glad to know the jumpy writing is not just me. It makes it impossible to edit a long post and has kept me from working on the bottle guide. Tomorrow when I have more time, I will post about it under the technical threads and see what Decoy thinks.
You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing!

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

LOL. you guys and the rest of NOBS are welcome anytime to see the ice sculptures...if we ever get them traded down and remember which clone has what animal... :sur:

That is awesome news, Astro.  For some reason I keep forgetting that the magic is tradable.  -Flame starts to rethink his life- :lolp:

Sorry you were feeling blech, Wendy :(  (huge hugs) and hoping you're feeling well again very soon!  Congrats on getting the bottles!  Yay!  That was no small feat!

Flame has not experienced the jumping cursor.  Although his eyes keep moving around the screen as if they are searching through a maze for some reason... :shy: Maybe when (if?) my eyes return to normal I'll experience JCS (jumping cursor syndrome) ;)

(hugs)

Flamanar

RosieC

• I am getting older  :lolg:
    It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room

:sos: Yeah What's up with JCS  :sos:

That happens to me sometimes too.  Grrrr   
Sweet maiden of the golden ale.

PintsWench
You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!

Purpleduck

• A Dry Duck
    Still Molting After All This Time
  • Purple Vice Admin
  • Make my day... pull a few gray ones out for me!

If any of you are running IE8 for your browser.  In the Address Bar, right after where the address is, you should see three "buttons".  First is Compatibility View, followed by Refresh and Stop.  Click Compatibility View, and see if that doesn't help.

I had a problem where I was seeing some members Signatures overlap down into the next post, and when Decoy had me try that Compatibility View, I have not had any problems since.

Princess has tried it, and it worked for her as well.

Astro

• One of These Loonies
    Easily Entertained
  • Still Soarin' :)

Astro, I am so glad you got the bottles and magic. We were worried about you with those things and were trying to figure out how we might be able to help.

:sos: Astro, I am glad to know the jumpy writing is not just me. It makes it impossible to edit a long post and has kept me from working on the bottle guide. Tomorrow when I have more time, I will post about it under the technical threads and see what Decoy thinks.

Thank you for thinking of me Princess.  I'm okay.   :hug:

Ducky listed a Help with the jumpy writing below.  I think it might have worked for me!   :dance2:

If any of you are running IE8 for your browser.  In the Address Bar, right after where the address is, you should see three "buttons".  First is Compatibility View, followed by Refresh and Stop.  Click Compatibility View, and see if that doesn't help.

I had a problem where I was seeing some members Signatures overlap down into the next post, and when Decoy had me try that Compatibility View, I have not had any problems since.

Thanks so much Ducky!  I believe that was the problem.  Had no idea what that new buttone even was.  I did just upgrade to IE8 recently too.  Seems to be fine so far.  Thank you!   :hug:
:pirate: You say I'm a wench like it's a bad thing! :pirate:

PrincessWendyBird

:lolg: Funny how some of us were having JCS and probably all thought it was something happening on our own computer. Thanks again purpleduck for the "cure". :bighug:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

Ah!  That explains it.  I normally use Firefox, and even when I do use IE, I still have IE7.  :shy:

Glad a fix was found!

Flamanar...yeah yeah...I can't have the latest of everything all the time... :yawn:

RosieC

• I am getting older  :lolg:
    It comes in pints!?!
    I'm gettin' one!!
  • Safari Room

:thumb: :2thunbs: :clap1: :clapping: :bow2: :dance3: :dance2: :dance: :dle:

I went to reply to this post and got JCS and guess what!

THE MIRACLE BUTTON WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumb: :2thunbs: :clap1: :clapping: :bow2: :dance3: :dance2: :dance: :dle:

Thanks Duck.he! 
Sweet maiden of the golden ale.

PintsWench
You say I'm a Wench like it's a bad thing!

Krazy_Kim

• Krazy like a Faux
    Put Down the Hammer

OMG!!!!!  I thought I was the only one having this problem since like forever!  Posting questions for the quests and replies were just a pain in the arse.  I also saw people's signatures drop down below the black line too once in a while, but had the JCS all the time.  I was running virus scans and thought maybe it was just something new for the boards (cause it only happens on this board) and gave up trying to fix it.

Thanks for the fix.  Glad to know I am not completely insane.  LOL!  :roflmao:

:crazy2: Krazy_Kim :crazy2:
I like work! It fascinates me! I can sit an look at it for hours! ^..^

funfly

• Past Sports:
    Badminton & Archery

Current Sports:
    Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning
    Puppy Diamonds
  • more laundry....

Thank you Red and Pix for helping an old VMK friend of mine obtain her Checkers Bottle other night.  :bighug: She swears up and down that she could not have gotten it without the 3 of us helping her.

Thanks to Red and Pix for helping me as well with Laser Tag - we've been working as teams so Red and I are now down to needing only 2 bottles for each of us!  :bighug: :bighug:  This obtaining focus magic does remind me of that Evil Blackheart quest in VMK--although I do believe this focus magic is very much easier than that VMK quest.  This focus thing can be done without friends helping each other, however it is much more FUN and quicker (when real life allows  :lolg:) with the friends who have been helping each other. For that I thank you dear friends!  :bighug:

We just might get that "focus" magic soon - then I'll be wondering if I need my eyes checked again!   :rofl1:

ScarlettPixie

• Having your friends vaporize
    you in laser tag.... Priceless!
  • Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
  • Just another Scarlett Pixie....

Enigma confirmed to me that the bottles and magic are not going anytime soon. So, we can take our time getting them!

You're so welcome Fun! I am glad to help! And now we need to place me in the ships so you can make me explode! Woot!
ScarlettPixie

Push me too far, and I will sing like a canary.

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

Enigma confirmed to me that the bottles and magic are not going anytime soon. So, we can take our time getting them!

You're so welcome Fun! I am glad to help! And now we need to place me in the ships so you can make me explode! Woot!

Holy exploding Pixies!  That must look pretty to watch... :lolp:

If you need more targets, have your agent contact mine ;)

Flamanar...exploding flames just look like exploding flames...sigh... :shy:

PrincessWendyBird

Maybe I will get the guide done before the bottles are gone, then... :shy: :lolg:

These bottles really have getten me back into playing more mini-games. We have all four enjoyed giving the space games a go. (Checkers I use clones to get the bottle - but our daughter loves a good game of checkers, so it does have us doing more of those)

It really may be fun to organize some NoBS games on different nights to earn bottles or just have some fun!  :pdrunk:

flamanar

• YEAH, IT'S REALLY ME.

Ok...with Laser Tag, I'm going back on what I said about blurring people.  It seems like there is no point advantage to blurring your opponents.  I actually think that if you just keep shooting (during that time when a person would have been blurred), you will acquire MORE points or 'tags'.  Just something we've been testing recently :) 

So don't worry about blurring anyone.  Just keep shooting the bacheeses out of your opponent...without running out of ammo ;)  The longer your opponents last, and the longer you go without losing ammo, and the faster you shoot, and the faster your opponent moves back and forth, and the more times you 'tag' your opponents without missing...the higher your score should be ;)

Flamanar...all tagged out... :sur:

PrincessWendyBird

Flame,
   We also noticed that blurring someone doesn't seem to matter. We have one person shooting back and forth like you suggested - with targets moving as they are shot. Our daughter loves being the shooter - and she is good!  :lolg:

One thing King and I have noticed with playing some of the mini-games is that the grid is still abit quirky. I might be one place on my screen and will show in a different place on his. Not consistently, but enough that I wonder if this is what has "Gold" on hold. You really can't Gold release with those issues.

We also tried to play pirates using "Mouse Only" controls and could not shoot. Seems that the double click shooting was not working and we were the first to report it. Who knows how long it was like that - I'm guessing people either just ignored it and played the other way or weren't trying it to begin with.

I am hoping to add to the bottle thread some while I have the chance. Thanks again everyone for the info here!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up